BALTIC 142 CUSTOM
FEATURING A DSS FOIL
This highly innovative long distance cruising yacht is notable for being the first superyacht to be fitted with a transverse Dynamic Stability System foil, designed to reduce heel angle, increase speed and dampen pitching to improve comfort.
She is also fitted with a sophisticated diesel electric propulsion and hydro-generating system reducing the use of fossil fuel and enabling the yacht to be used for long periods in ‘silent’ mode.
Vibration and noise levels are further reduced by using an electric propulsion motor powered by lithium ion batteries charged by a combination of traditional generators and propeller driven hydro-generation.
Canova is designed to sail quickly, comfortably and efficiently and in addition her owner wants to be able to maintain and service the yacht without the need for specialist shipyard help in remote parts of the world.
The combination of her large deck saloon, which forms the focal point of her accommodation, and her large, well-appointed cockpit which is protected by a long solid bimini, provides a superb living space while sailing.
An impressive package of new technology will make her a genuinely remarkable project, underlining the company’s position as the world’s leading builder of super-sailing yachts.
- Performance enhancing Dynamic Stability System (DSS) sliding foil
- DSS foil reduces heel and pitching = more comfort
- Powerful diesel electric drive train and generating system
- Reduction in reliance on hydraulics
- Improved serviceability
- Self-sustaining power generation while sailing
- Easy to handle performance sail plan for short-handed crew
- New quadrilateral headsail being considered
- Ten hours silent mode with all hotel requirements
- Six hours predicted generator run per 24 hours
- L.O.A.43.30 m
- D.W.L.41.60 m
- BEAM9.00 m
- DRAFT3.80/6.50 m
- NAVAL ARCHITECTFarr Yacht Design
- INTERIOR DESIGNBaltic Yachts
- EXTERIOR DESIGNMicheletti & Partners
- NUMBER OF CABINS1 owner, 1 VIP, 1 guest and 3 crew